Delighted to be playing at Celtic Connections at Strathclyde Suite, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall on 29th January. I’ll be joined by Charlie Grey and Michael Wright supporting Sam Lee.
Doors 19:30 · Start 20:00
Ticket link: bit.ly/2AXWDT7 £17.60
Asked for his all-time favourite advice received, folk-song crusader Sam Lee recalls his late artistic benefactor Stanley Robertson’s injunction – indicating ears then mouth – “You’ve got two of these, and one of those: use them in that proportion.” It’s a pearl that’s served Lee well, from Mercury-nominated debut LP to recent singing adventures with nightingales and Extinction Rebellion. Much-anticipated third album Old Wow, inspired by the power of nature, reimagines material initially sourced on his regular song-hunting quests. http://www.samleesong.co.uk
Iona Fyfe, has become one of Scotland’s finest young folk singers, rooted deeply in the singing traditions of the North East of Scotland. The youngest ever winner of Scots Singer of the Year at the MG ALBA Scots Trad Music Awards 2018, she has been described as “one of the best Scotland has to offer.” (Global-Music.de) A nominee for Folk Band of the Year at the Scots Trad Music Awards, Iona has toured throughout the UK, Europe, Canada and Australia. http://www.ionafyfe.com
Delighted that my 6-track release Dark Turn of Mind has made it into Folk Radio UK’s Albums of the Year list. Looking forward to 2020!
“This release will delight existing fans, and bring her music to an even wider audience. If you thought you’d heard the best of Iona Fyfe, think again; there’s every indication that Dark Turn of Mind begins a new, captivating chapter.”
Folk Radio’s Albums of the Year 2019
Here are my last tour dates of 2019 – it’s been a mental year. And here’s the cherry on the top of the cake – Iona Fyfe Trio is nominated for FOLK BAND OF THE YEAR at the Scots Trad Music Awards. It’s based on public votes and your support is appreciated!
• head to https://bit.ly/2pE4yD5
• fill in as much or as little as you like
• Select Iona Fyfe Trio in Category #14
• Press next, press done ⭐️
08/11 Auditori Fundació Sa Nostra – Palma, Mallorca
15/11 The Worlds Room, Edinburgh
22/11 MacRobert Memorial Hall, Tarland
23/11 Crathes Village Hall, Crathes
27/11 Gwaenysgor Village Hall, Wales
28/11 Stafford Folk Club
29/11 The Goose is Out, London
30/11 Croydon, The Oval Tavern
01/12 Black Fen Folk Club, Cambridge
Delighted to be joining City Music Foundation as one of their 2019 artists! A great organisation providing lots of opportunities for emerging artists of all genres! 💫 https://bit.ly/32SQp3v
📷 Benjamin Ealovega
I’m heading to The Sidmouth Folk Festival. Here’s where you shall find myself and Aidan Moodie.
Wednesday 7th August
· Sounds of Modern Scotland with Iona Fyfe, Kim Carnie Sheena Wellington Arthur Coates, Kerran Cotterell and Fèis Rois 15:15-17:15 at Manor Pavillion.
· Concert at Kennaway with Granny’s Attic Iona Fyfe and Harri Endersby. 20:00-22:30pm at Cellar Bar Kennaway House.
Thursday 8th August
· Sounds of Modern Scotland: An Hour or So with Iona Fyfe 11:15-12:30 at Cellar Bar Kennaway House.
· Ballad Session hosted by Sheila Miller and Moira Craig with Iona Fyfe 17:00-19:00 at Woodlands Hotel.
· Traditional Night Out hosted by John Howson with Bill Murray, Grace Smith, Jim Causley, Iona Fyfe, Chris Ormston, Sheena Wellington, Katie Howson, Keith Kendrick & Sylvia Needham. 20:00-22:30 at Woodlands Hotel.